- 1.1 Define the role of sales in an organization and in the economy.
- 1.2 Recognize the importance of personal selling in marketing.
In this course, you will explore the world of salesmanship. You will start by looking at the importance of personal selling and relationship marketing in today’s economy. From there, you will examine selling as part of an organization’s overall marketing strategy. You will learn about ethics and how they are the foundation for successful selling. You will also learn how to create value for customers, how to use product knowledge as a sale tactic, and how to understand different types of buyer behavior. You will explore new account development, maintaining customer relationships, and communication techniques. Additionally, you will look at the role of technology in sales, as well as the use of negotiation as a tool. You will also examine the steps involved in closing a sale. Finally, you will take a closer look at professional development and ways to develop your leadership skills.
- 2.1 Identify steps in the selling process.
- 2.2 Compare among personal selling, advertising, and other marketing promotions.
- 3.1 Recognize the importance of ethical conduct in selling.
- 3.2 Explain honesty and high ethical standards can contribute to good business.
- 4.1 Describe the principles of relationship selling.
- 4.2 Explain how to use the value-added concept in selling.
- 4.3 Identify characteristics a good salesperson who can create values for customers.
- 5.1 Discuss how becoming a product expert can build customer relationships.
- 5.2 Describe ways to add value to customers using the product strategy.
- 6.1 Identify steps in the consumer and business buying processes.
- 6.2 Describe major consumer personality types and their preferences.
- 7.1 Identify the key techniques of prospecting.
- 7.2 Discuss sources of new prospects and accounts.
- 8.1 Discuss how a salesperson should interact with different consumer personalities.
- 8.2 Explain ways to develop sales presentation to match the target customer’s needs.
- 9.1 Discussion common communication strategies used in selling.
- 9.2 Identify the different types of questioning and when they are used.
- 9.3 Define the role of listening in sales and relationship building.
- 10.1 Explain how technology has impacted prospecting and selling.
- 10.2 Describe effective sales presentation strategies using technology.
- 11.1 Identify stages of negotiation and some common challenges.
- 11.2 Analyze how negotiation and two -way communication can contribute to successful relationship building.
- 12.1 Identify the guidelines for closing a sale.
- 12.2 Discuss how to establish successful after-sales support.
- 12.3 Describe methods in maintaining long-term relationships after a sale.
- 13.1 Analyze ways to build communication skills and improve salesmanship.
- 13.2 Discuss methods to control stress and build positive self-image.
- 14.1 Illustrate the diversity of sales positions.
- 14.2 Identify leadership skills essential to be successful in sales management.
There are no reviews yet.